The event we held at The Cube cinema on 1 February, ‘J18 and Seattle 1999 – reflections and strategies 10 years on‘, is now available to view online (its in 3 parts) – thanks to Bristol Indymedia! We thought it was interesting and worthwhile, respect to all those who came, watched and contributed (or just listened). We also produced a short pamphlet for the event, you can download the pdf and read it here 1999plus10_pamphlet
Next Bookfair Organising Meeting – Tuesday 9 March at 7.30pm
The Bristol anarchist bookfair collective welcomes annarchists to the next organising meeting for the 2010 Bristol Bookfair. Its at Kebele social centre, 14 Robertson Rd, Bristol BS5 6JY.
We intend to hold this year’s bookfair in mid September. The Collective would like more local anarchists to get involved with putting on what is the region’s largest anarchist political event, that showcases the depth and breadth of anarchist ideas and practice, and the many local anarchist and similar groups. It is your bookfair, come and help make it happen.
Agenda items will include:
1. Venues – reports/details of places we have looked at.
2. Themes – for the bookfair. If we want one (or more)?
3. Admin – ok so who is doing what from now on? Includes blog, email checking, publicity for events/meets, managing stall bookings etc
4. Funds & fundraising events
5. Other events/upcoming elections
Hope to see you then xxx